Our Core Values
1. We are unashamedly God-centered. In everything we do and say, we glorify the Three-in-One God: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.
2. We are passionately people-focused. All human life is sacred and is to be loved and cherished. All people, regardless of their spiritual condition, matter to God and to us.
3. We believe in prayer, which is the lifeline of God’s Family.
4. We believe in worship, which exalts Jesus Christ, ushers us into God’s transforming presence, and brings God’s family together to joyfully express, honor and praise God.
5. We believe that Christ died for everyone; therefore, we will seek to bring all people to Christ.
6. We believe that our church should be led by discipled men and women with God-given leadership gifts. Leadership is grown out of discipleship. (Nehemiah 1–2; Romans 12:8; Acts 6:2–5).
7. We believe life-change happens best in community. This includes the concepts of small-group discipleship, vulnerability, and accountability (Luke 6:12–13; Acts 2:42–47).
8. We believe our church should we culturally relevant while remaining doctrinally pure. (1 Corinthians 9:19–23, Titus 2: 7, 10, Jude 1:3).
9. We believe that Christ followers should manifest authenticity and yearn for continuous spiritual growth. Ephesians 4:25–26, 32; Hebrews 12:1; Philippians 1:6).
10. We believe in striving for excellence in all aspects of our church’s life, honoring God and inspiring people. (Col. 3:23, I Cor. 10:31)
A PEOPLE CONTINUALLY BRINGING JESUS, HIS COMPASSION AND HIS HOPE TO ONECO, BRADENTON, AND BEYOND.
At Oneco United Methodist Church, our core beliefs are found first and foremost in all sixty-six Books of the Bible, which we believe is the infallible Word of God, and by which we judge all other beliefs. Therefore, we hold to and claim the belief statements of the historic Apostle’s Creed, Nicene Creed, and traditional and official Doctrinal Standards of the United Methodist Church, which include both the former Evangelical United Brethren and Methodist Church.